There is hope!

There is hope!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Their View...

When I am having trouble with the computer, the television, figuring out the cellphone functions, needing directions ( am so directionally challenged), understanding where a city, state or country is (terrible in geography), understanding the stock market, trying to understand all the political issues going on, or just needing a "how was your day?" I can always depend on Christian to be the go to guy. Has he always been that way? Yes, just not in a verbal way. Can he write well? No, but he types well. Can he speak clearly? Not always, but he gets his wonderful thoughts out in his writings. Is he good in math? No, but he is amazing with maps. Can he think through how to move one object out of the way to get to the one behind it? Not always, but he can tell you where you live in this world, in detail, and how to get there. So, I do not focus on his inabilities, as I have many of my own. I get by in this world by focusing on my abilities and how I learn best, and I choose to do the same with him. In the words that Christian spoke, into the microphone he was handed, to a room filled with over 200 medical doctors and medical students, "having special needs is not like living in hell or anything!" They heard that one loud and clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment